Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon March 5, 2012
Ego & Self-Esteem
On this Central Standard, we get to know a hungry ghost with a gigantic tummy: your ego.
Our guest Dr. Bruce Liese will discuss how ego and self-esteem have quite a bit in common. Both help you appear confident, and inspire you to take risks. But one is just compensatory. Join us as we discuss how the ego is understood in cultures and spiritual practices throughout history, and what sets it apart from self-esteem. Plus, we invite you to share what experiences helped you to develop a clearly defined sense of yourself.
When have you felt your ego getting the better part of you? What did you do to extinguish it mid-steam and replace it with self-esteem? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.