Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
Mon March 4, 2013
Food can be fun, but the issues surrounding food can be perplexing and polarizing. The new play, Eat This! from UMKC professor Stephanie Roberts explores these contentious issues using 12 actors playing 50 different roles.
Alysha Espinosa and Jamie Dufault are two of those actors who helped collect over 60 interviews and did a great deal of research to prepare for the roles they would be performing. Also included in this play are a musical number about sweet potatos and movement pieces where actors transform themselves into animals and plants.