Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon March 4, 2013
Food can be fun, but the issues surrounding food can be perplexing and polarizing. The new play, Eat This! from UMKC professor Stephanie Roberts explores these contentious issues using 12 actors playing 50 different roles.
Alysha Espinosa and Jamie Dufault are two of those actors who helped collect over 60 interviews and did a great deal of research to prepare for the roles they would be performing. Also included in this play are a musical number about sweet potatos and movement pieces where actors transform themselves into animals and plants.