Most Active Stories
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- NPR, KCUR To Make Changes To Broadcast Clock
- Lawrence Residents Weigh In On Plans For East 9th Street
Mon April 5, 2010
Earthquake Transforms Lives Of Stilwell Sisters
Kansas City, Mo. – Two and a half months after an earthquake devastated Haiti, many people around that country, and the US, found their lives were changed by the disaster.
Sisters Natasha Rae and Amanda Taylor are originally from Stilwell, Kansas. They've made regular mission trips to Haiti over the past 8 years, and were both there, together, when the earthquake hit.
Natasha Rae Taylor lives in Georgia, where she works for Much Ministries, a non-profit that provides aid to Haiti. Amanda Taylor is back in Kansas City, with a newly adopted son Isaac.
KCUR's Susan B. Wilson spoke to the Taylors, along with Natasha's boyfriend Jean Junior Javin, who's from Port-au-Prince, but lives in Miami.