Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon April 5, 2010
Earthquake Transforms Lives Of Stilwell Sisters
Kansas City, Mo. – Two and a half months after an earthquake devastated Haiti, many people around that country, and the US, found their lives were changed by the disaster.
Sisters Natasha Rae and Amanda Taylor are originally from Stilwell, Kansas. They've made regular mission trips to Haiti over the past 8 years, and were both there, together, when the earthquake hit.
Natasha Rae Taylor lives in Georgia, where she works for Much Ministries, a non-profit that provides aid to Haiti. Amanda Taylor is back in Kansas City, with a newly adopted son Isaac.
KCUR's Susan B. Wilson spoke to the Taylors, along with Natasha's boyfriend Jean Junior Javin, who's from Port-au-Prince, but lives in Miami.