Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Thu September 2, 2010
"Duty" Explores Conflicted Feelings About War
When art and war have collided over the past century, the results have ranged from Picasso's "Guernica" to Francis Ford Coppola's "Apocalypse Now."
Kansas City, MO – A new play premieres this weekend from a Kansas City writer who served in Vietnam and, though the war he references is a more current one, the piece grapples with such historic themes as family, honor and duty. KCUR's Steve Walker reports.
photos: courtesy of Bob Compton Photography.
The Theatre Gym's production of Hal Parrott's "Duty," runs September 2nd through September 19th (Th-Sat, 7:30pm; Sundays, 2:00pm) at Fringe Central, 1730 Broadway, KCMO
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast