Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Thu December 4, 2008
Davin Watne at Review Studios
Since 2005, about a dozen mid-career artists each year have been awarded studio spaces at Review Studios in the East Crossroads. Some artists stay on, and new artists are added each year.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – It's a rent-free space with up to 3500 square feet, although each artist must donate two artworks a year: one to a private donor, and one to Review, Inc., the nonprofit including Review Studios and Review Publications. One of this year's studio artists is Davin Watne. KCUR's Laura Spencer has this profile.
Find out more about Davin Watne in a recent edition of Art in America.
The Review Studios 2009 studio recipients include: Barry Anderson, Elijah Gowin, and Diana Heise. Anderson, Gowin, and Heise join join resident artists Andrea Flamini, Archie Scott Gobber, Marcie Miller Gross, Beniah Leuschke, Lonnie Powell, Warren Rosser, Colby K Smith, May Tveit, Davin Watne, and James Woodfill.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast