Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri May 15, 2009
Dance Celebrates Kansas City Flavor
A new dance piece, titled "Gates Bar-B-Que Suite," pays tribute to a Kansas City barbecue restaurant.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – A new dance piece pays tribute to a Kansas City barbecue restaurant. Titled "Gates Bar-B-Que Suite," the work pairs an original composition by jazz artist Bobby Watson with the choreography of Wylliams/Henry Contemporary Dance Company co-founder and artistic director Mary Pat Henry.
The Wylliams/Henry Spring Dance Concert, 7:30 pm, Thursday, May 14; 8:00 pm, Friday, May 15, Saturday, May 16, 2009. White Recital Hall, 4949 Cherry, UMKC Center for the Performing Arts, Kansas City, Mo.