Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Up to Date
Tue December 13, 2011
Culinary Expeditions: Lidia's Italy
A refugee at age 10 and an immigrant at 12, Lidia Bastianich has always associated food with family and home. A wife, mother and restaurateur by age 24, Lidia's passion for bringing the taste of Italy to the American table has made her a favorite among PBS viewers, home chefs and foodies.
On November 15, 2011, Ms. Bastianich welcomed Steve Kraske and food writer and critic Grace Suh into the kitchen at Lidia's in Kansas City for our latest Culinary Expedition. They discussed her life and career while Lidia prepares some recipes from her latest cookbook, Lidia's Italy in America.