Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed June 8, 2011
Creating the Role of Macbeth: John Rensenhouse
When the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival announced in April that its summer production of Macbeth was in jeopardy, area fans came through, donating $100,000 in a week to ensure that Macbeth would indeed reign. That was a relief to actor John Rensenhouse, who had been working on playing the title role for several months.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, Mo. – KCUR's Steve Walker sat down with the actor to chat about what it takes to become the man who would be king.
Heart of America Shakespeare Festival presents Macbeth
June 14 - July 3, 2011
Emanuel Cleaver II Boulevard and Oak Street
Kansas City, Mo.
7 pm show talk
8 pm performances (No performances on June 20 or June 27)
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast
Funding for arts coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Missouri Arts Council, a state agency