Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Thu March 8, 2012
Construction Nears For New Bloch Complex At UMKC
An addition to the UMKC Henry W. Bloch School of Management moved closer to construction today as architects put a mockup of the $32 million structure on display.
The 68 thousand square foot complex will cover ground that is now the chancellor’s house and a parking lot.
As a concession to winter weather, planners brought a trough of dirt into the new student union building so Missouri Governor Jay Nixon, the university system president and other notables could turn over silver-plated spades-full of soil to signify the event.
The complex is a result of the largest gift in UMKC history. It’ll be called the Henry Bloch Executive Hall for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Bloch spoke about the decision by his advisors to push for it--“at my age, I figured to have a fundraising campaign would take a long time, and I don’t even know how successful it would be. But I just decided, let me help out.”
The management school engages in innovation and model programs. The new complex will include a behavioral research lab, combined atrium and amphitheater in the center and 200 seat auditorium.