Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue October 22, 2013
The Connection Between Sexual Assault And Online Bullying
Sexual assault used to be such a taboo issue that it wasn’t even covered by the media. Those affected by sexual assault would often hide in shame, but as it has becomes more public, young people are flocking to their Facebook and Twitter accounts to call names and take sides.
As seen in the Maryville rape case, social media has now become a new battleground for targeting not only the victim of the rape, but also the perpetrator. Host Elizabeth Alex takes a closer look at the issues of sexual assault and online bullying.