Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue October 22, 2013
The Connection Between Sexual Assault And Online Bullying
Sexual assault used to be such a taboo issue that it wasn’t even covered by the media. Those affected by sexual assault would often hide in shame, but as it has becomes more public, young people are flocking to their Facebook and Twitter accounts to call names and take sides.
As seen in the Maryville rape case, social media has now become a new battleground for targeting not only the victim of the rape, but also the perpetrator. Host Elizabeth Alex takes a closer look at the issues of sexual assault and online bullying.