Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Fri June 25, 2010
Commercial Sex Crackdown Near
Jefferson City, MO – At stroke of midnight August 28th, adult industries in Missouri will be much more heavily restricted.
Sexually oriented businesses, such as strip clubs and adult entertainment stores, will not be allowed total nudity, customers younger than 18 or any touching between partly clothed employees and patrons. There will be no alcohol served and doors will close at midnight.
Governor Jay Nixon signed legislation into law today.
New strip clubs and stores can be no closer than a thousand feet to schools, homes, churches, day cares, parks and libraries. Nor will new businesses be allowed within a thousand feet of existing ones
There was a similar attempt at legislation in 2005. Missouri Supreme Court declared it invalid.
Those opposed to the law say it will hurt Missouri's economy.