Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Fri June 25, 2010
Commercial Sex Crackdown Near
Jefferson City, MO – At stroke of midnight August 28th, adult industries in Missouri will be much more heavily restricted.
Sexually oriented businesses, such as strip clubs and adult entertainment stores, will not be allowed total nudity, customers younger than 18 or any touching between partly clothed employees and patrons. There will be no alcohol served and doors will close at midnight.
Governor Jay Nixon signed legislation into law today.
New strip clubs and stores can be no closer than a thousand feet to schools, homes, churches, day cares, parks and libraries. Nor will new businesses be allowed within a thousand feet of existing ones
There was a similar attempt at legislation in 2005. Missouri Supreme Court declared it invalid.
Those opposed to the law say it will hurt Missouri's economy.