Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri June 25, 2010
Commercial Sex Crackdown Near
Jefferson City, MO – At stroke of midnight August 28th, adult industries in Missouri will be much more heavily restricted.
Sexually oriented businesses, such as strip clubs and adult entertainment stores, will not be allowed total nudity, customers younger than 18 or any touching between partly clothed employees and patrons. There will be no alcohol served and doors will close at midnight.
Governor Jay Nixon signed legislation into law today.
New strip clubs and stores can be no closer than a thousand feet to schools, homes, churches, day cares, parks and libraries. Nor will new businesses be allowed within a thousand feet of existing ones
There was a similar attempt at legislation in 2005. Missouri Supreme Court declared it invalid.
Those opposed to the law say it will hurt Missouri's economy.