Most Active Stories
- World Series Is Like A 'Three Hour Commercial' For Kansas City
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 3 On Teacher Tenure
- Voter Guide To Missouri Amendment 10 On Gubernatorial Power
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- World Series National Anthem Update: Game 6, Kansas City Symphony; Game 7, Joyce DiDonato
Up To Date
Thu June 26, 2014
College Tuition Rises While State Funding Decreases
It's a struggle today for college students to pay their tuition. As costs continue to rise, states are backing away from funding higher education. Steve Kraske talks with the co-author of a recent report on this very problem. They look at why lawmakers in so many states are turning their backs on helping students get their degrees.
Learn More: Find out who pays for public higher education, the state or the student.
Jack Stripling is a reporter for the Chronicle of Higher Education.