Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon November 29, 2010
A Cold Freezin' Night (for Doomed Lovers)
New York, NY – There's a competition at the Third Coast International Audio Festival in Chicago that's kind of like Top Chef for public radio producers. It's called the ShortDocs Challenge. One of the four finalists in that contest this year was KCUR's Andrea Silenzi, the producer of our new show Central Standard.
Andrea had to create an original piece using some audio samples from the band The Books, who use a lot of found sound in their work. And she had to pick a title from a list of four song names. Andrea chose "A Cold Freezin' Night" and added "for doomed lovers."