Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Mon August 10, 2009
Cleaver Compares Civil Rights Organizing To Health Reform Protests
Kansas City, MO – Local town hall meetings across the country are becoming a flashpoint in the national debate on health care. Several events have been disrupted by demonstrators. In St. Louis last week, Democratic Congressman Russ Carnahan held a forum on Aging, which ended with 6 arrests and one person going to the hospital. That kind of turmoil didn't happen in Lee's Summit this weekend, where hundreds of people turned out for Congressman Emmanuel Cleaver's monthly coffeehouse. KCUR's Elana Gordon was there.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast