Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu February 1, 2007
Christopher Paul Curtis on Writing for the Love of It
A former auto worker, author Christopher Paul Curtis talked to KCUR's Laura Spencer about starting to write during breaks "to escape the noise of the factory."
Note: Curtis appears Friday, February 2 at 7 pm at the Plaza branch of the Kansas City Public Library.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – Christopher Paul Curtis is the author of five novels for young adults, including the Newberry Award-winner Bud, Not Buddy. His most recent novel is the second in his Flint Future Detective Series called Mr. Chickee's Messy Mission. Curtis was born and raised in Flint, Michigan...and that's the setting for many of his novels, including his first The Watsons Go to Birmingham-1963, which was published when he was 40. A former auto worker, Christopher Paul Curtis talked to KCUR's Laura Spencer about starting to write during breaks "to escape the noise of the factory."