Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu May 25, 2006
Children's Mercy Hospital Expanding
By Kelley Weiss
Kansas City, MO – Children's Mercy Hospital is building another location to help reach patients across the Kansas City area. KCUR's Kelley Weiss reports.
- - - - -
In Kansas City's sprawling metropolitan area Children's Mercy Hospital says it's hard to reach all of its patients. That's why the pediatric hospital based downtown has opened locations in the Northland and Johnson County. Now, they're opening Children's Mercy West in Wyandotte County. The clinic will be twice as big as the current facility there and Children's Mercy spokesperson, Tom McCormally, says the new clinic will make going to the doctor easier for families with limited resources.
Tom McCormally: "Wyandotte County has been an underserved population for primary care pediatricians for a number of years."
The $3 million clinic is estimated to open in 2008 near Interstate 635 and State Avenue.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.