Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue November 12, 2013
Chiefs Star Player Arrested For Marijuana Possession
Kansas City Chiefs star wide receiver, Dwayne Bowe, was arrested Sunday in Riverside, Mo.
Riverside police pulled over a black Audi A8 for going 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. When the officer approached the vehicle he said he could smell marijuana.
A release from the Riverside Police Department says the officer was part of a K-9 unit and a dog was able to lead the officer to a black backpack that contained a substance that looked like marijuana. Along with the substance was the wallet of vehicle owner and Chiefs player, Dwayne Bowe.
Bowe was traveling with George A. Thompson and one other passenger. Thompson told police the black bag belonged to him.
Both Thompson and Bowe were taken to the Riverside Police Department for booking. The third passenger was released.
The Kansas City Chiefs are 9-0, they are scheduled to play division rival, the Denver Broncos, on Sunday.