Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue November 26, 2013
Charitable Giving: When Doing Good Goes Bad
We’re approaching the time of year when people tend to be most generous. But how do you know that your desire to help … is really helping? That your giving is actually doing good and not harm?
Tuesday we take a look at how the best of intentions can sometimes backfire, and how to make sure that doesn’t happen to you.
Host Brian Ellison speaks with a reporter who investigates what can go wrong with charitable giving and with an expert from a local foundation that specializes in getting donations to reputable organizations. Learn how to check out that worthy cause to be sure it’s worthy of your dollars.
- Amy Costello, host and producer of the podcast Tiny Spark. She has been a producer and reporter for various public radio and television programs, including five years as Africa reporter for PRI's The World.
- Denise St. Omer, Vice-President of Community Investment at the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation.