Most Active Stories
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- States May Have To Pay Millions For Fighting Same-Sex Marriage Cases
- Report: Cerner Still In Contention For $11B Defense Department Contract
Tue May 15, 2012
Celebrating the Birthday of Big Joe Turner
This week on 12th Street Jump we celebrate the birthday of Big Joe Turner (May 18, 1911 - Nov. 24, 1985). Big Joe was born Joeseph Vernon Turner Jr. in Kansas City Missouri. He first discovered his love of music through the Church and started singing in clubs at the age of 14. He was known as the Singing Barman. Turner was an important part in the beginning of Rock and Roll.
On the funny side of things at 23th Street Jump, we figure out what gives our very own Joe Cartwright the blues and later we send the 2012 graduates off in style with an original tune.
- Jumpin The Blues
- I Want A Little Girl
- Flip, Flop, and Fly
- Trouble In Mind
- Roll’Em Pete
- One Note Samba
- Shake, Rattle, and Roll
Big Joe Turners Shake, Rattle and Roll from greattest part of his fame.