Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Cops & Crime
Tue June 25, 2013
Causes Unclear In Two KC Homicides, Multiple Shootings
Kansas City Police are revealing little about a series of shootings late Monday night that involved firing from car-to-car and two homicides. There is an open question whether gang violence is at the heart of it.
Two women are among the wounded from sprays of gunfire outside an apartment complex in the 1700 block of Kansas on the city’s near East side. They were able to drive to the parking lot of a McDonald’s Restaurant just south of I-70 and Prospect where police found them and called for medical aid.
Minutes before the women drove to safety, a man had been shot dead at the Kansas Avenue location. Minutes afterward, a fourth shooting victim turned up at a local hospital and was considered critically wounded.
A little more than two hours later, at 11:56 p.m., police were called to a report of shots being fired in the 56 hundred block of Norton. There, they found a man in the driver’s seat of a car. He was dead, at the scene.
Asked whether gangs are thought involved in either of the shooting scenarios, a ranking member of the gang and drug squad said only that he wasn’t able to talk about it.
Cops & Crime