Wed August 21, 2013
Cash Money Crew: Launching A Small Business
Have you considered taking that passion or that one great idea and turning it into a living? Starting a small business is one of the riskiest things you can do. Over 627,000 new small businesses were created last year, but only about half of those make it past the 5-year mark. So, why do people continue to take the plunge
Sandi Weaver, David Jackson, and Debbie Leonard explore the options and typically obstacles individuals face when opening their own business. All three are certified financial planners and they’ll assist in discussing how to avoid the traps many small-business owners fall into. Cover in the show include these five steps.
1. Creating a Business Plan:
2. Cash Flow:
3. Gathering a Team
5. Benefits and Insurance
In addition, check out these great national and local resources:
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center
- UMKC Innovation Center
- Kauffman Foundation
- David Jackson: Waddell & Reed, Inc.
- Sandi Weaver: Financial Security Advisors
- Debbie Leonard: Business Development Partner at Thill And Leonard