Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed January 16, 2013
Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry
Ten years ago, the United States stood at the forefront of the Internet revolution. With some of the fastest speeds and lowest prices in the world for high-speed Internet access, the nation was poised to be the global leader in the new knowledge-based economy.
Today that global competitive advantage has all but vanished.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, we'll talk changes in the telecommunications industry with Susan Crawford, author of the book Captive Audience: The Telecom Industry and Monopoly Power in the New Gilded Age.