Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed October 9, 2013
Can The Chiefs Keep Up Their Hot Streak?
The Kansas City Chiefs had the worst record in the NFL last year with just two wins and 14 losses. Now, they are sitting pretty with a perfect 5-0 record. But how did we get here and how long can we keep it going?
Joel Thorman, editor of Arrowhead Pride, is just as shocked as everyone else in Kansas City. "The Chiefs have set an NFL record for the best start after winning two or less games from the year before. It's really just shocking."
According to Thorman, the most important thing for the Chiefs to do now is continue to not make errors. "We aren't seeing the Chiefs taking the bull by the horns as you would expect, but they are playing smart football. They just aren't making those silly mistakes."
And as for playoffs hopes, "we pretty much expect it at this point." 90% of teams who go 5-0 end up making the playoffs. The keys to our success will continue to be the coaching of Andy Reid, quarterback Alex Smith, running back Jamaal Charles, and the impressive Chiefs defense.
The Chiefs play again Sunday, October 13th against conference rivals, the Oakland Raiders at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Joel Thorman, Editor of the largest Chiefs blog, Arrowhead Pride