Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon June 22, 2009
The Caipirinha: A Taste of Brazil
The caipirinha is Brazil's national cocktail. The refreshing lime drink has become popular at some restaurants and bars in Kansas City. To quench her thirst KCUR's Susan B. Wilson dropped in to see Vegas, the bartender and manager Jean Lazarotto at Fogo De Chao restaurant on the Plaza.
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, MO – With the summer heat, KCUR's Susan B. Wilson remembers vacations to one of her favorite places, Brazil. And nothing beats the summer heat than a drink, like the caipirinha, Brazil's national cocktail. The drink is made from cachaca, fermented juice from the first press of the sugar cane. Cachaca started out in the northeast region of Brazil in the state of Bahia. In the past caipirinhas weren't known much outside of Brazil. But the refreshing lime drink has become popular at some restaurants and bars in Kansas City. To quench her thirst, Susan dropped in to see Vegas, the bartender and manager Jean Lazarotto at Fogo De Chao restaraunt on the Plaza.