Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu August 2, 2012
A Butcher Shop With A Garden
On this Thursday's Central Standard, a look at a new kind of butcher shop in the East Bottoms, offering whole-pig butchering classes, homemade chutneys, and locally sourced meats.
Joining us is chef Alex Pope, his business partner Matt Kafka, and shop manager Miles Maassen. They'll tell us about their new-but-old-kind-of-butcher shop The Local Pig, and a movement to bring back locally sourced meats.
Central Standard Fridays