Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Thu August 2, 2012
A Butcher Shop With A Garden
On this Thursday's Central Standard, a look at a new kind of butcher shop in the East Bottoms, offering whole-pig butchering classes, homemade chutneys, and locally sourced meats.
Joining us is chef Alex Pope, his business partner Matt Kafka, and shop manager Miles Maassen. They'll tell us about their new-but-old-kind-of-butcher shop The Local Pig, and a movement to bring back locally sourced meats.
Central Standard Fridays