Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Wed February 10, 2010
Booked In Bookmaking Venture
Kansas City, Mo. – A Kansas City North man was charged and pleaded guilty today to operating an illegal gambling operation. 26 year old Michael Badalucco admitted he took bets on sports using a computer server in Costa Rica.
In return for his guilty plea, Badalucco got immunity from testifying against others.
He transferred bets, took in money and paid it out to bettors. The U. S. Attorney says the operation transmitted wagering information between Missouri, Arizona and Costa Rica.
Kansas City police and the FBI ran down the case. Badallucco and other bookmakers used a toll free number or a web site tracing bets and account balances.
The Northland man faces as many as two years in prison and a fine up to a quarter million dollars.