Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Tue May 24, 2011
Book Doctors: Latest Reads and Recommendations
Looking for a good book to take on summer vacation? Or are you in need of another great read?
The Book Doctors: freelance writer, editor, and reviewer Jeffrey Ann Goudie; chair of the department of English and senior dean at the Barstow School Mark Luce; and senior writer and arts editor at The Kansas City Star Steve Paul join us today to discuss their recent, favorite reads.
Books discussed on this program
Jeffery Ann Goudie:
Bent Road by Lori Roy
I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson
I Remember Nothing: and Other Reflections by Nora Ephron
Into the Forbidden Zone: A Trip Through Hell and High Water in Post-Earthquake Japan by William T. Vollmann
In the Garden of Beasts:? Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin by Erik Larson
The Madonna's of Echo Park by Brando Skyhorse
Meet Me at the Morgue by Ross McDonald
Sergeant's Daughters: The Biography of a Painting by Erica Hirshler?
Strapless by Debra Davis
Legacy of Mark Rothko by Lee Seldes
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
The Cookbook Collector by Alegra Goodman