Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Tue September 16, 2008
Bob Rohlf Takes Final Curtain Call At Starlight
Kansas City, MO – The City of Kansas City Missouri has officially designated Tuesday, September 16 as Bob Rohlf Day, in honor of his nearly 3 decades of leadership at Starlight Theatre. KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
During his tenure at Starlight Theatre, outgoing president and executive producer Bob Rohlf oversaw the construction of a new 10-story stage, and more than $32 million worth of facility and program improvements over the last 15 years.
Starlight wraps up its summer season of Broadway shows Tuesday. And it marks the last night Rohlf will give a pre-curtain talk to the audience.
"It's odd when you find yourself in this position," said Rohlf. "And you're trying to figure out how to say 'goodbye' and yet I don't think I can ever say 'goodbye' to this organization. I'm just too close to it."
Rohlf retires at the end of September. Denton Yockey started as new president and executive producer on September 1st.