Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Thu June 25, 2009
Blues Talent Mark Dufresne
Kansas City-born Mark Dufresne talks with Fish Fry host Chuck Haddock about his introduction to the blues, his early days of clubbing, and the blues scene in the Pacific Northwest.
By The Fish Fry
Kansas City , Mo. – Mark Dufresne talks with Fish Fry host Chuck Haddock about his introduction to the blues, his early days of clubbing, and the blues scene in the Pacific Northwest.
Born in Kansas City, Missouri in 1953, he started playing harmonica in his early 20s.
Mark DuFresne is now one of the most sought after Blues talents in the Northwest. The Washington Blues Society has awarded him for best vocalist, songwriter and harmonica more than any other artist.
He has recorded three CD's of all original music. "Out of That Bed", "Have Another Round" and "There's A Song In There", which featured the lineup of the former Hollywood Fats Band.
In 2002 Mark joined the coveted band "Roomful of Blues" as lead vocalist. While in that role the band received a Grammy nomination for "That's Right". They also won the W.C. Handy award for Best Band - 2004.
More information: Mark Dufresne website