Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Thu September 29, 2011
Bloch Building Filled with Sculptures of Rodin [VIDEO]
"Rodin: Sculptures from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation" displays 40 bronze sculptures in the Bloch Lobby of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – The exhibition, only the second to be installed in the lobby, is divided into three sections: figures related to the "Gates of Hell," a massive bronze portal; commissioned historical and cultural heroes; and a series of hands.
Featured speakers at an opening exhibition breakfast included Director & CEO Juli?n Zugazagoitia and Nicole Myers, associate curator of European Painting and Sculpture.
"Rodin: Sculptures from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation"
October 1, 2011 - June 3, 2012
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast