Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu September 29, 2011
Bloch Building Filled with Sculptures of Rodin [VIDEO]
"Rodin: Sculptures from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation" displays 40 bronze sculptures in the Bloch Lobby of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, Mo. – The exhibition, only the second to be installed in the lobby, is divided into three sections: figures related to the "Gates of Hell," a massive bronze portal; commissioned historical and cultural heroes; and a series of hands.
Featured speakers at an opening exhibition breakfast included Director & CEO Juli?n Zugazagoitia and Nicole Myers, associate curator of European Painting and Sculpture.
"Rodin: Sculptures from the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation"
October 1, 2011 - June 3, 2012
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast