Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
Cops & Crime
Thu August 30, 2012
Bishop Finn: 'Boys Will Be Boys'
The Kansas City Star reported Thursday afternoon on comments made by Bishop Robert Finn regarding pornographic images of children on a priest's computer.
The comments were made in court papers filed Thursday in the case against the bishop, the Star reported. The papers quote Finn as saying, “Sometimes priests do things they shouldn't,” and, “Sometimes, boys will be boys," when told of pornographic images of children on a priest's computer.
The article says the statements appeared in a deposition given by the diocese's director of management and information systems for a pending civil trial. Bishop Finn and the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese also face criminal charges of failure to report suspected abuse of children.
John Gromowsky, an attorney representing Julie Creech, the computer systems manager for the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, said that she had “misspoken” in deposition testimony taken in a civil case and hoped to correct it.