Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Cops & Crime
Thu August 30, 2012
Bishop Finn: 'Boys Will Be Boys'
The Kansas City Star reported Thursday afternoon on comments made by Bishop Robert Finn regarding pornographic images of children on a priest's computer.
The comments were made in court papers filed Thursday in the case against the bishop, the Star reported. The papers quote Finn as saying, “Sometimes priests do things they shouldn't,” and, “Sometimes, boys will be boys," when told of pornographic images of children on a priest's computer.
The article says the statements appeared in a deposition given by the diocese's director of management and information systems for a pending civil trial. Bishop Finn and the Kansas City-St. Joseph Diocese also face criminal charges of failure to report suspected abuse of children.
John Gromowsky, an attorney representing Julie Creech, the computer systems manager for the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, said that she had “misspoken” in deposition testimony taken in a civil case and hoped to correct it.