Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Up to Date
Tue September 10, 2013
Biking, Bamboo Style
When you think of getting a bicycle, finding one made of bamboo isn't usually your first thought.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with University of Kansas design professor Lance Rake about how he took an underused Alabama crop and turned it into an economic stimulus for the town of Greensboro, Ala.
- Lance Rake, a professor at the University of Kansas, has also taught at Auburn University in Alabama and UNITEC (formerly Carrington Technical Institute) in Auckland, New Zealand. He taught a short course in computer modeling and animation at Konstfackskolan in Stockholm and was a visiting professor at Staffordshire University in Stoke-on-Trent in the United Kingdom and Halmstad University in Halmstad, Sweden.