Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
Up to Date
Tue September 10, 2013
Biking, Bamboo Style
When you think of getting a bicycle, finding one made of bamboo isn't usually your first thought.
In the second part of Wednesday's Up to Date, we talk with University of Kansas design professor Lance Rake about how he took an underused Alabama crop and turned it into an economic stimulus for the town of Greensboro, Ala.
- Lance Rake, a professor at the University of Kansas, has also taught at Auburn University in Alabama and UNITEC (formerly Carrington Technical Institute) in Auckland, New Zealand. He taught a short course in computer modeling and animation at Konstfackskolan in Stockholm and was a visiting professor at Staffordshire University in Stoke-on-Trent in the United Kingdom and Halmstad University in Halmstad, Sweden.