Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu October 9, 2008
Biden Thunders At GOP: Attack Ads On Point
By Dan Verbeck, KCUR news
Liberty, Mo. – Barack Obama's running mate stormed and fumed at the GOP economic proposals of Senator John McCain. Senator Joseph Biden was addressing a filled-fieldhouse at William Jewel College at Liberty, Mo.
Biden lashed out at attack ads, and contends McCain doesn't have the nerve to make accusations of disloyalty to Obama face to face.
Biden hailed Obama's plan that he says will cut taxes for 95 percent of Americans who earn paychecks, suggesting the McCain tax plan is only folly. Biden proposes spending $15 billion a year to expand renewable energy and he put a heartland label on it,biofuels. In his words.
get your farmers back on the job. Give them something to produce for. Allow them to make some money. Why spend 350 billion dollars a year pouring it into the sands of Saudi Arabia, pour it into the soil of the Midwest ladies and gentlemen..
McCain spokeswoman Wendy Reiman is quick to counter Biden's statements saying a quick review of Obama and Biden records proves their promises and pitches are not reliable.