Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Mon April 22, 2013
Belton's Tate Stevens Steals The Show At Sprint Cup
In Sprint Cup race at Kansas Speedway on Sunday, Matt Kenseth was the winning driver. But one of the most popular figures yesterday didn't wear a racing helmet.
Tate Stevens, as an employee of the city of Belton two years ago, attended meetings at Kansas Speedway. Wearing a cowboy hat Stevens, now 38, appeared at the track as a professional country music performer.
In a life-changing experience, Stevens was the winner last year in season two of "The X Factor," a network television show singing competition.
After attending his first NASCAR race, Stevens performed before a sold-out crowd Sunday night at the Midland Theater.