Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
It's All Politics
Mon January 2, 2012
Bachmann Casts Herself As Thatcher-Style 'Iron Lady' In Last Iowa Ad
Repeating a theme she's been using frequently in recent days, Rep. Michele Bachmann's last TV ad before Tuesday's Iowa caucuses makes the case that she's an American "Iron Lady" in the style of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
The Star Tribune says of the Minnesota congresswoman's message that:
"Bachmann's transition from describing her 'titanium spine' to comparing herself to Britain's iconic 'Iron Lady' marks the congresswoman's closest flirtation with gender politics, something she has largely avoided in her long-shot quest for the White House.
"But it also raises questions about a possible gender barrier she could face in the closing days of Tuesday's contest in Iowa."
After winning the mostly symbolic Iowa straw poll last August, Bachmann has seen her poll numbers in the state fall into single digits.