Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Up to Date
Mon August 26, 2013
Area Health Institutions Attempt Translational Medicine Center
Aimed at boosting economic development and funding research, supporters call it a game-changer for Kansas City, a way to bolster the area's claim as a hub of life science research. Opponents haven't galvanized, at least in a visible way. But lots of questions are being raised.
In the second segment of Monday's Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes Dr. Lawrence Dreyfus, vice chancellor for research & economic development at UMKC, and David Westbrook, Senior Vice President, Strategy and Innovation, Children’s Mercy Hospital to talk about translational medicine and what they hope to spend $40 million on each year.