Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Mon June 14, 2010
Andean Express: Music from the South American Andes
Original air date: July 2009
The local group, Andean Express demonstrates that the sounds of Andean flutes and pan pipes are a part of the diverse, multi-cultural genre of Andean folk music.
By Alex Smith
Kansas City, MO –
In the United States, Andean flutes and pan pipes are most often heard from street performers and in new age music.
Members of the folk music group Andean Express: Pedro Calderon, Chucho Marquez, Bert Roney and Elizabeth Upman, stopped by KCUR studios to talk to KCUR's Alex Smith, about their music and give us a taste.