Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Business & Tech
Tue May 22, 2012
AMC Acquired By Chinese Wanda Group
Dailan Wanda Group, a private conglomerate whose holdings include commercial real estate, luxury hotels, department stores and cultural businesses owns 86 theaters in China. The Wanda Group plans to invest up to $500 million in AMC.
In the first portion of Monday's Up to Date, guest host Brian Ellison talks with Kansas City Star development reporter Kevin Collison about the purchase, what it means for the future of AMC, and if the company still plans to move to Leawood, KS.