Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
2012 All-Star Game
Mon July 9, 2012
All-Star Game Festivities Kick Off In Kansas City
Kansas City's All-Star festivities officially kicked off Friday morning at Bartle Hall in downtown Kansas City.
The doors had already opened, but Kansas City owner David Glass, Hall of Famer George Brett and Kansas City Mayor Sly James cut the ceremonial ribbon inside Bartle Hall at the Kansas City Convention Center.
The ceremony was followed by this announcement: "Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...the 2012 MLB All-Star FanFest is now officially open!"
FanFest - an event featuring players signing autographs, giveaways and games - is open through Tuesday. Last year, in Phoenix, FanFest drew 110,000 fans. The record is 130,000 three years ago in St. Louis.
Check here for the All-Star FanFest guide.