Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Sun December 2, 2012
The holidays are a time to gather with friends and family in cheer. The holidays also are a time of high stress and anxiety which can lead to addictive behaviors.
Dr. Bruce Liese joins us to discuss smoking, drinking, sex, drugs, excessive internet use and every kind of addiction in between.
The World Health Organization estimates that harmful alcohol consumption results in over 2.5 million deaths world wide every year. Smoking kills another 443,000 American's annually. Other addictions, like excessive internet usage or addictions to sex, are harder to quantify in life and death terms, but profoundly change lives.
How do you recognize an addictive behavior, in yourself or others? What are the best things you can do to help a friend or family member to and through recovery? Dr. Bruce Liese presents answers to these questions and Kansas City shares its stories of success through struggle.