Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Wed February 6, 2013
90-Mile View: Patricia Porsche
Being raised to be self-sufficient, gaining the rank of Sergeant during six years of military service and maintaining employment as an experienced office worker doesn't add up to homelessness for most of us. Before 2007 Patricia Porsche probably would have agreed with you.
Today Steve Kraske talks with Trish who is currently working her way out from being homeless for the second time. Together they track the path that led her to sleeping in shelters at night and spending her days looking for work. Hear how Trish has overcome personal obstacles and is now working toward her goals of a stable job and home.