Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Up to Date
Wed January 8, 2014
90-Mile View: Freezing Temperatures Stop Trains In Their Tracks
An Amtrak train carrying more than 200 people arrived in Chicago early Monday morning, Jan. 6, after the bitterly cold weather stopped it for more than eight hours.
In the latest edition of 90-Mile View, Amtrak engineer and conductor Eric Peterson talks with Up to Date host Steve Kraske about the effects of the recent country-wide deep-freeze on railroad operations. Peterson has previously appeared on the program to share his love of trains and tales from the tracks.
Up To Date