St. Patrick's day is officially on Monday, March 17, but some of the parades start this weekend in and around Kansas City.
For optimal Irish fun, here is a list of some of the activities going on in the area:
- 2014 Brookside 34th Annual St. Patrick's Warm-Up Parade - Saturday, March 15 at 2 p.m. The parade begins at 65th and Wornall and finishes at Meyer Blvd and Brookside Road.
- Irishpalooza Martin City - Sunday, March 16 at 2 p.m. The parade will head east on 135th Street from Washington to Holmes Road.
- Shawnee St. Patrick's Day Parade - Sunday, March 16 at 1 p.m. The parade begins at Johnson Drive and Monrovia. It will continue east on Johnson Drive to Nieman Road.
- Emerald Isle Parade Lee's Summit - Saturday, March 15 at 2 p.m. The parade begins at the Lee's Summit High school and moves through downtown but there are activities all morning throughout town.
- Belton St. Patrick's Day Parade - Saturday, March 15 at 5 p.m. Parade starts on Main Street at Hackberry and finishes at Second street and Hackberry. It is expected to last 30 minutes.
- 42nd Annual Kansas City St. Patrick's Day Parade - Monday, March 17 at 11 a.m. The parade begins at Linwood and 33rd Streets and goes to 43rd Street. It should last approximately two hours.
- Lawrence St. Patrick's Day Parade - Monday, March 17 at 1 p.m. The parade starts on the north side of South Park on Massachusetts and continues around South Park on New Hampshire and finishes just south of the park.