Most Active Stories
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Jonathan Ahl joined Iowa Public Radio as News Director in July 2008. He leads the news and talk show teams in field reporting, feature reporting, audio documentaries, and talk show content. With more than 17 years in public media, Jonathan is a nationally award-winning reporter that has worked at public radio stations in Macomb, Springfield and Peoria, IL. He served WCBU-FM in Peoria as news director before coming to Iowa. He also served as a part-time instructor at Bradley University teaching journalism and writing courses. Jonathan is currently serving a second term as president of PRNDI – the Public Radio News Directors, Incorporated.
Jonathan has a master's degree in public affairs reporting from the University of Illinois - Springfield along with a bachelor's degree from Western Illinois University.
Jonathan’s favorite public radio program is All Things Considered.