Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- WATCH: Two Time-Lapse Videos That May Make Kansas City Lovers Cry
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- Two Kansas City Metro Schools Moving To Year-Round Calendar
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- The House Cleaning In The St. Joseph School District Continues
Gina’s background combines print and broadcast journalism, live event hosting and production, creative nonfiction writing and involvement in the arts. Early in her career, she followed a cultural beat for The Pitch, where she served as an editor and art writer in the early 2000s. She also worked as a contributing editor of Heeb magazine out of New York, assisting with the Heeb Storytelling series and ultimately starting her own live storytelling event series in Kansas City. Gina got her public radio chops working first as an intern for KC Currents with Sylvia Maria Gross, then as a co-host of The Walt Bodine Show. She earned her bachelor’s degree from Columbia University and her Masters of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of British Columbia.