Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- LISTEN: How Kansas City Barbecue Became Famous, Explained In 90 Seconds
- How Kansas City And Baltimore Match Up Outside The Baseball Diamond
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Listen To The Staff At WYPR In Baltimore Congratulate The Royals
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
Frank Morris has supervised the reporters in KCUR's newsroom since 1999. In addition to his managerial duties, Morris files regularly with National Public Radio. He’s covered everything from tornadoes to tax law for the network, in stories spanning eight states. His work has won dozens of awards, including four national Public Radio News Directors awards (PRNDIs) and several regional Edward R. Murrow awards. In 2012 he was honored to be named "Journalist of the Year" by the Heart of America Press Club.
Morris grew up in rural Kansas listening to KHCC, spun records at KJHK throughout college at the University of Kansas, and cut his teeth in journalism as an intern for Kansas Public Radio, in the Kansas statehouse.