Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Portraits And Party Scenes From Kansas City's Drag Ball Culture Revealed
- Blue Valley High Lost A 'Star In The Making'
- Music In The '90s: Was There A 'KC Sound'?
- Preschool Trauma Program In Kansas City Getting National Attention
- Kansas City Grocer's Hand-Painted Signs Are A Lost Art In The Modern Age
Dan has covered Kansas City area news since 1974. He began a career in journalism more than 40 years ago in Chicago’s suburbs. The switch from newspaper to radio came during two years in the U. S. Army, and by 1968 he was firmly convinced that radio was his medium. He has covered breaking news, blizzards, tornadoes & floods. The Federal District Court was his daily beat for years. He was one of the few radio reporters able to continue broadcasting during Hurricane Katrina and it’s immediate aftermath. He concedes KCUR is one of his passions. Dan has been honored by the Missouri Broadcasters’ Association, The Associated Press and United Press International. He is inducted into the hall of fame of the Kansas City Media Professionals. When not covering news, Dan is partial to reading American history and tinkering with an old tractor. His wife Sylvia is his best critic. They have two daughters and a son.