Most Active Stories
- LISTEN: How Kansas City Barbecue Became Famous, Explained In 90 Seconds
- How Kansas City And Baltimore Match Up Outside The Baseball Diamond
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Listen To The Staff At WYPR In Baltimore Congratulate The Royals
- Four Playoff Teams, One Kansas City Firm: Populous Rules The Ballparks
Dale Singer began his career in professional journalism in 1969 by talking his way into a summer vacation replacement job at the now-defunct United Press International bureau in St. Louis; he later joined UPI full-time in 1972. Eight years later, he moved to the Post-Dispatch, where for the next 28-plus years he was a business reporter and editor, a Metro reporter specializing in education, assistant editor of the Editorial Page for 10 years and finally news editor of the newspaper's website. In September of 2008, he joined the staff of the Beacon, where he reported primarily on education. In addition practicing journalism, Dale has been an adjunct professor at University College at Washington U. He and his wife live in west St. Louis County with their spoiled Bichon, Teddy. They have two adult daughters who have followed them into the word business as a communications manager and a website editor, and a grandson, Jonah, who is the cutest child in the world.