Generation Listen KC is seeking energized and engaged Kansas Citians to join its leadership council. The leadership council, in collaboration with KCUR 89.3, defines the vision for the group and plans and executes its events.
- Time commitment - Able to devote reasonable time and talent, including attending monthly meetings. Our member guidelines require attendance to at least six of eight quarterly meetings over a two year term.
- Financial support - Be a current member of KCUR.
- Leadership experience - Demonstrated ability to motivate, direct and coordinate activities, including prior committee work, volunteerism, etc.
- Community relationships - Affiliations with other organizations, communities, or business groups - but passion for public radio is most important!
- Communication and problem-solving - Effective at communicating ideas and information in writing and orally. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Planning and organizational skills - Ability to establish priorities and objectives, organize projects or events, delegate responsibility, apply attention to detail and follow through on commitments.
Complete and submit the application before end of business on Dec. 8. Current leadership council members will review applications and respond during the second week of December. Submit applications to email@example.com.