Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Finalists Selected, Design Process Starts For UMKC's Proposed Downtown Arts Campus
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!
For a wacky and whip-smart approach to the weeks news and newsmakers, listen no further than Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me, the oddly informative news quiz from NPR.
During each fast-paced, irreverent show, host Peter Sagal leads what might be characterized as the news Olympics. Callers, panelists, and guests compete by answering questions about the week's events, identifying impersonations, filling in the blanks at lightening speed, sniffing out fake news items and deciphering limericks.
Listeners vie for a chance to win the most coveted prize in radio: having official judge and scorekeeper Carl Kasell record the outgoing message on their home answering machine.